Annoto Manual Integration
This document shows how to add and use Annoto as an external tool using XML.
- External apps can also be configured using XML in sub-accounts.
- Manually configuring an external app is an account permission. If you cannot configure an external app, this permission has not been enabled for your user role.
In Course Navigation, click the Settings link.
Click the Apps tab.
View App Configurations
To configure an app, click the View App Configurations button.
Add New App
Click the Add App button.
Set Configuration Type
Select the Configuration Type drop-down menu and set the configuration type to Paste XML.
Add App Details
- Enter the name of the app in the Name field  : Annoto
- Enter the consumer key in the Consumer Key field  and the shared secret in the Shared Secret field .
- This key and shared secret is provided by Annoto, If you do not have this information, please contact us [email protected]
Enter Configuration XML
In the XML Configuration field, paste the XML code.
The XML Code can be found in the following link:
Open it using a web browser (preferred Chrome) and just copy-and-paste it to the field.
Click the Submit button.
Testing the Annoto Direct Integration to Canvas:
To learn how to access the Annoto Dashboard in your Canvas, go to How to access Annoto Dashboard page.
In order to learn more about all the wonderful things you can do with Annoto, visit the Annoto Widget Guide page.