In addition to the Instructors' Insights Dashboard, Annoto also provides organizations with an Admin Insights Dashboard, that provides analytics and insights on the entire organization.
The admin dashboard enables a higher-level view of the entire learning and activity that took place in all courses.
The upper part of the dashboard provides you with an overview of the activity in all the courses combined.
- Monthly visitors - Total number of users in the organization in the current month
- Collaboration - Number of comments and replies in all courses (for all videos).
- Notes - Number of personal notes in the courses (by all the users).
The Courses table provides analytics for each course within the organization:
- Last Activity - Date when the users were last active on the course.
- Users - Number of users that viewed any of the videos in the course.
- Avg. Completion Rate – Sum of percent watched in each view session divided by number of views (for all the course users that watched the videos).
- Collaboration - Number of comments and replies in all videos in the course.
- Notes - Number of personal notes in all videos in the course.
- First Activity - Date when first activity in the course occurred.
The Users Activity table presents the activity of each user in the organization (for all courses combined).
The table can be sorted by each column to quickly find the most active users in the selected activity type. For example the most engaged users, or users that received the highest number of badges (Educator's Thumbs Up).
- Last Activity - Date of the user's last activity in the course.
- Watched Videos - Number of videos out of the total videos (in all courses combined) the user has viewed.
- Avg. Completion Rate – Sum of percent the user watched in each view session divided by number of views (for all the videos in the course). How well the user performs in terms of dropout (how much of the video the user watch each time he viewed it).
- Avg. Total Completion – Average Total Completion of all the watched videos. Total Completion is aggregated video completion for all view sessions (video coverage).
- Avg. Watch Time(%) - Average Watch Time of all the videos. Watch Time is aggregated number of seconds watched in all view sessions.
- Collaboration - Number of comments and replies the user wrote in all the courses they participated.
- Replies - Number of replies the user submitted.
- Notes - Number of personal notes added by the user (in all courses combined).
- ThumbsUp Badges - Number of likes on comments received from Educators.
If a user is not on the list, it means they did not have the sorted type of activity.
The Activity Trends graph shows trends of key metrics over a period of time. It allows to investigate how the users learn over time and identify important events throughout the course life cycle.
The key metrics of the trends are: Engagement (blue), Collaboration (green), Notes (orange) and Views (red).
All analytics data can be exported, and downloaded in CSV format
Once exported, you will receive a zip that contains the following CSV’s:
- Overview – the highlights of the activity.
- Users – Users' activity (with additional fields such as: user email, votes, last login date).
- Courses – All courses' activity.
The Site Configuration preferences are managed from the preferences icon in the admin dashboard:
Presets are ready-made sets of preferences, based on the top-leading uses of Annoto.
Selecting a preset is done from "Choose Preset" dropdown menu:
Once a preset is selected, click "Apply" to save the chosen preset preferences.
After selecting a preset, you can still change your preferences manually.
Live Video Stream - Best for Live streaming
Disabled - All Annoto features are disabled
- Voting type - Select the type of voting that will be enabled in the course (Likes, emotions, etc.):
- Like - Enable to click on the red heart to "like" a comment
- Sentiment - Enable to vote with sentiments
- Disabled - will not allow any voting
- Export - Enable exporting video comments by all video viewers
- Closed Discussion - Once enabled, users will not be able to add new comments to the discussion
- Closed Notebook – Once enabled, users will not be able to add new notes
Video comments options:
- Max Duration – Set the maximum length of the recorded video comment (set in seconds). Duration can be set up to 360 seconds.
Chat - Enable participants to have 1*1 chat
Moderated Comments – When enabled, every comment that is added to the discussion will be pending a moderator’s manual approval before becoming public in the discussion
The analytics are visible for moderators only (not for learners)
Badges – Enable adding badges in the discussion (such as: Educator's Thumbs Up)
- Moderator Like – when enabled, moderator's vote will be presented as Educator's Thumbs Up (instead of a regular vote)
- Position - position of the discussion widget inside the player when closed.
- Load state - state of the widget once the videos uploads:
- Kuku - A medium-sized window, presents only the comments that are relevant to the moment in the video that is being watched at any given time. distractions!
- Open - Widget is open. Enables to view the discussion in the video and, of course, to take an active part in it.
- Closed - The discussion is not visible, only the widget icon shows
- Tabs - When enabled, users will see the Annoto tabs on the widget. When disabled, navigation between spaces is done via the Annoto menu
Once settings are changed - it is important to click "Save Changes":
- Comments - when enabled, video will automatically play for the user once the user submits a comment
- Notes - when enabled, video will automatically play for the user once the user submits a personal note
- Most recent - sorts the comments according to when they were added (newest - first)
- Top Rated - sorts by the comments that were most voted (liked) and replied to
- By timetag - sorts the comments by the order of the video
Locale - the main language of the Annoto widget
Theme - the background of the widget: Light \ Dark
Emotions - select the set of sentiments that can be added to the comments & notes
- Simple EDU
- Positive EDU
- Positive Portals
- Positive mix
Full Screen Z-Index
- Side panel
- Side panel overlay
Full screen enable - when enabled, Annoto will show in full screen mode as a side panel.
When disabled - Annoto will not show on full screen
Full screen width - set the width of the widget when when in full screen
Docs URL - add the URL of the docs users will go to
Moderators docs URL - add the URL of the docs moderators will go to
Contact URL - add the URL that users can contact