How to add Annoto widget
This document shows how to add Annoto in-video collaboration widget to your OpenEdx course videos
- Display name: The name of the module
- Widget position: Select the position of Annoto widget in the video player.
- Overlay Video: Will Annoto show on the video (True) or outside of it (False)
- Tabs: Annoto widget will have tabs on the side for quickly toggling between discussion and private notes.
Hidden Enabled tabs
- Initial State: When the video starts – will Annoto be open or closed
- Discussion Scope: Will discussions on a video be per course (Private per course) or will anyone in the site be able to be a part of the conversation (Site Wide).
- Features: When adding the Annoto widget to the Course Unit you can set the widget features. There are four options in the dropdown menu:
- 1.Comments & Notes (Default).
- 2.Comments – Enable only the Shared comments feature.
- 3.Private Notes – Enable only the personal notebook feature.
- 4.Only Analytics – This will enable tracking the user activity and video consumption without showing the Annoto widget.
Example: if you don't want users to add comments and want to have only the widget's personal notes, you can just disable it and use Annoto as personal notes.
5. Save the changes you made.
6. In order for the changes to go live, don’t forget to publish the unit:
7. In order to see Annoto on the published page click on View Live Version