You can stay on top of things by following the discussion.
Following a discussion means you will receive a notification email whenever someone replies to your comments in a discussion or whenever a new comment is added to the conversation.
Following\ Unfollowing the discussion is done via the Annoto menu.
By default, you will not be notified on new comments.
Following a discussion is by either of the following:
- Adding a comment in the Comments space (once you add a comment in the shared comments area in a specific video, you will be notified on replies and new comments created in this video).
- Following a video via the Annoto menu
You can follow the video discussion without adding a new comment by clicking the Bell icon in the Annoto menu:
Illustration: Annoto menu, following options
Instructors can choose what they want to follow:
- Follow this discussion - means receiving notifications for new comments & replies that are added in this specific video
- Follow this group - means receiving notifications for new comments & replies that are added in any of the videos in the course\ channel.
In order to be a follower - the bell should be green. When the following-bells in the menu are clear - no notifications will be received, as can be seen here:
You can enable/disable which email notification you will get from Annoto in "my Space". Accessing it is from the Annoto menu:
Illustration: Annoto menu, My Space
Choose which email notifications you would like to receive:
- Followed Groups - once enabled, you will be notified on new comments and replies in the videos within the group (course/ channel, etc.)
- Followed Discussions - once enabled, you will be notified on new comments and replies in this discussion (video)
- Replies - once enabled, you will be notified when a comment you wrote received a reply
- Mentions - once enabled, you will be notified on comments that you are mentioned in
Illustration: Notification options
Toggle right (green) = Enabled
Toggle left (grey) = Disabled
Please note that if you disable notifications in the preferences, you will no longer receive any emails for any of the videos in the course.